The Cupertino-based tech giant has officially announced iOS 10 beta 2 for the public, before its official debut later this year. iOS 10 beta 2 has more than 50+ new features and changes and tons of improvements.
If you wish to download and install iOS 10 beta in your iPhone or iPad device (http://www.igeeksblog.com/), you need to follow the mentioned link and process, as it is available on Apple’s public preview site. The core purpose to launch this beta version is apple wants its users to take part in shaping the software by test driving pre release version and let the company know what is your point of view. Trust me, the given wide improvements will certainly make life even easier, if you are using iOS10 on your device. So lets have a look at numbers of interesting features, plenty of improvements and also at bug fixes.
iOS 10 Beta 2 Features: Checkout the New Changes
There is a new feature called ‘Show Parked Location’, considerably it is one of my favorite feature in the Maps and the option to swipe to unlock has added “Unlocked” animation in the status bar. Message has added a new feature, as now it is possible to send the low-quality image. Control Center 3D touch options have now an interesting tweak.
- Notification Center – “Missed” has been replaced with “Recent”
- View for widgets in the notification Center will be accessed by swiping down, from the home screen, it’s not limited to just within the apps.
- Tweaked HomeKit iconography in Control Center.
- HomeKit app icon updated from solid yellow to Home app icon in Settings.
- In the AirPlay settings in Control Center, iconography for Apple TV and speakers has been tweaked
- Apple Music: “Downloaded Music” has been replaced with “Downloads”,
- “Show Parked Location” – Maps has introduced a new option for the location explanation
- Notification Center would have once again Weather Channel credit
- Message has introduced Low-Quality Image Mode in Settings.
- Mail has a new filter icon.As now onwards there won’t be lines within a circle.
- Control Center 3D Touch options have tweaked language, icons.
- New Organ Donation changes available in Health app.
- Apple Music has now Shuffled option from the Songs section
- In the Accessibility Settings “Rest Finger to Unlock” option has added.
- Lock icon has been replaced with “Unlocked” animation in the status bar
- iMessage App Store has introduced, promoted with splash screen
- To attract more user there would be a Feedback app
- App Store now works with Split View on supported iPads.
- 3D Touching folders with badges will show badges per app.Previouslyit was “Unread” per app.
- On non-3D Touch devices, interactive notification will work differently, it will swipe down versus slide over to access.
- Subtle new Siri animation
- New CarPlay button to skip directly to a message
- Apple News is now a “removable” app
- Keyboard click sound has returned to the classic version
- Background App Refresh toggles for Apple Watch.
- The Apple Watch app has now new “Featured Complications” section
- AirPlay/Bluetooth headphones and speakers now appear from Now Playing screen in Music.
- Smart and Random sync optionsfor Music to Apple Watch
- For Apple Watch, now it would be possible to use Previous Duration option in Breathe app setting
Improvements in Apple Music
Apple Music has made some really nice improvements as it would be possible to sign up omSonos, related music would come as suggestion as it would appear in album pages. A new option has been added to manage a list of active downloads.
- Sign into Apple Music on Sonos
- In the Library, it would be possible to view and manage a list of all active downloads.
- Artists you follow – will appear for you under connect post for you.
- Related music suggestions will appear in the album pages
- Now, play music videos with full screen
Certain Apple Music features will become available in a future beta:
- For you Mixes
- View Connect posts on artist’s curator’s page
- Follow and unfollow option on an artist or curator’s page
- Account page to view all artists you follow
- Delete a comment you made on Connect posts
- Setting to turn on or turn off the Automatically Follow Artists preference
- Display of works and movements in classical music
- Show Complete Album for Library items
- Popularity indicators for albums
- Report a concern on Connect posts or comments