It’s a smart world. The growing pace of technology such as smartphone and internet has paved way for a lot of ground-breaking ideas. Companies have grown to millions from scratch, all with a simple mobile app idea.
With more than 3 billion smart-phone users worldwide, it’s no wonder that the mobile app development industry is thriving.
This thriving industry has given mega opportunities which have led to a rise of mobile app companies as well as skilled mobile app developers in the market.
Before getting into the business of apps, companies must understand the overall app development process. The mobile app development process and the technology behind it is the foundation of the entire mobile app industry.
The Mobile App Development Process
There are a lot of different types of mobile apps in the market today. Two of the main types of mobile apps are:
1. Hybrid Apps
2. Native Apps
These types of apps have been divided on the basis of the manner in which each app is developed. Going back to the beginning, each app is written in a particular language. This language is decided on the basis of the complexity, utility and the functionality of each mobile app.
The choice of language as mentioned before depends on a lot of factors. Another major factor affecting this is the device for which the app is being coded. Certain languages are compatible only with certain devices.
Coming back to the topic on hand, the types of apps and the development process for the same; each app is defined on the language in which it is written. Hybrid apps are written in a combination of languages not defined by the device it is to be launched on.
So, What Exactly Is The Difference Between The Both?
- While Native apps are written specifically in the language compatible with the device on which the app is to be launched.
- Let me explain this with an example. Apps like Camera+ meant for Android are written in a language specific to Android devices i.e. Java. Apps for iOS devices are written in Swift. These are native apps.
- Apps that are built for multiple platforms and are written in a language with rendering compatibility for multiple devices are Hybrid apps.
- The fast-paced competition in the market with increasing quantity and quality of apps has compelled mobile app developers to optimize the development process. This is done to build better apps in a faster and more efficient manner.
- This has paved the way for cross-platform mobile app development frameworks. These frameworks help developers create apps for multiple devices with a single set of code compatible across platforms. One of the most popular cross-platform app development frameworks is Facebook’s React Native.
What is React Native?
React was developed as a way to build interactive and dynamic user interfaces for mobile apps. It was based highly on HTML. Overcoming the limitations of React, Facebook’s Jordan Walke devised a way to use its UI elements for the iOS platforms.
The working dynamics of React native are similar to that of React. However, one major difference between the two is the React Native works on Virtual DOM and runs in the background of the app as compared to React.
React Native Developers are finding ways to build more apps with advanced functionalities using the language, building custom libraries for the same.
React Native is now one of the most popular frameworks on GitHub as well. A lot of companies are now either making the shift to React Native for their mobile app development process or including react native to their technology stack.
Wondering why you should consider React Native as the framework for your app development project? Further, in this article, we will discuss the advantages of React Native to answer this exact question.
How React Native benefits your business?
There are a lot of pros to considering React Native for the mobile app development process.
Apart from being a convenience cross-platform app development tool, the framework makes it really easy for app developers to switch codes between platforms.
Here are a few benefits of React Native that you should look into to help you make the decision of switching to the framework for your project:
1. Faster app development
- As mentioned before, React Native is a cross-platform app development platform based on Java. A popular attribute of React Native that contributes to its utility is its code reuse feature.
- A single set of code can be used combine with complex native codes to build apps for different platforms. As a single set of code can be used for multiple devices, this leads to a quicker pace of mobile app development.
- The time in developing apps using React Native is quite less as compared to developing different native apps for different devices. Hence, the framework is a major time-saver.
2. Cost saving
- The same feature that makes React Native a time-save i.e. one framework for multiple platforms is also the attribute that helps companies save up on the cost of development.
- Switching to React Native for mobile app development can help you save up to 40% of development cost. Instead of hiring multiple developers and building multiple Native Apps, companies can hire React Native developer who are skilled.
- A limited number of developers can help a react native development company complete multiple projects in limited time saving up the cost on resources.
3. Convenient cross-platform development
- One of the most convenient features of the framework is its code reuse attribute. The same code written in React Native can be used for both Android and iOS platforms.
- Say, if you have a feature in the iOS version of your app that you would like to include in the Android version of the app that you are building. Or vice versa, you would like to imitate a native app built for Android to an iOS platform. The code reuse feature helps you salvage most of your code in React Native and duplicate the same for the other platforms.
- This code is shifted from one platform to the other through a process called ‘bridging.’ This leads to a very convenient and efficient cross-platform development process.
4. Developer experience
- The React Native platform also enhances the developer experience. It is a relatively easy-to-adapt platform. It is very convenient to write clean, reusable code using the React Native Platform.
- Adding multiple functionalities from native apps and building upon the UI elements of Java, developers can build dynamic and attractive apps easily using this platform.
- The overall UI of the framework itself is quite simple. Hence, the framework is preferred by a lot of react native developers.
These are some of the main advantages that have led to a lot of up and coming to react native development companies investing in the tech.
Are you looking to Hire React Native Developer for your Next Project?
If you’re one of those companies looking to make that witch to the React Native framework or looking to add this technology to your existing stack, it is best to hire react native developer who are already skilled at the task.
Hire React Native Developer
Hiring React Native Developers for your project is no easy task. The quality of developers that you hire will make or break the state of your React Native Development Company and your project.
Hence, you must make sure to complete the thought process when you set out to hire React Native developer.
Few Keypoints to Look Into While Hiring React Native Developers
- Research is the first key step to any process. You must be thoroughly briefed about the state of the hiring process for developers in the market. Do thorough research in terms of the technology that is coming up in the market and the skill-set that is preferable for a project like yours.
- You must also research the developments in the field of React Native in order to ensure that the Reach Native development company or developer team that you hire are up to the mark and are aware of how to use these tools. The research will also point you out to the direction where you need to look for good developers.
- Hiring websites, forums, social media, prior projects, you name it. Exhaust every source while you do your research as it is the basis of a good hiring process.
2. Define project-requirement
- This next step is a little technical. As you embark on the hiring journey, you must know exactly what you are looking for. What is the project for which you need to hire react native developer? What is the end goal of the app? What will be the exact skill-set required for your project or your technology stack? Answer these questions and you know the basis on which you shall be shortlisting your candidates. Apart from this, your budget and the capability of your current in-house team must also be analyzed.
- This will help you decide whether you want to hire a React Native developer in-house or outsource your projects to a React native Development company or service. Map out your requirements as you progress.
3. Vet skill-sets
- As mentioned above, a skilled React Native developer can make or break a project. Once you understand the needs of your app development project, you must weigh it out against the skill-set of your in-house team.
- This will give you an idea of the kind of React Native developers you need to hire or the specific React Native development company that you must find to outsource your project to. For e.g. you already are in the process of creating a React Native app and you wish to implement native modules in your project. You will need your developer team to create a ‘wrapper’ around your native project in order to integrate it with the React Native code. This is the specific expertise that you look for in your team once you set out to hire React Native developer.
4. Analyze previous projects
- You must understand your project and compare it with the kind of projects that the developer or the React Native development team have carried out before.
- This will help you gauge how experienced the React Native developers are in handling the kind of tasks that you would require for a successful project. See if the developers have worked on similar kind of apps before. If your requirement for hiring React Native developers is moving an Android project to an iOS platform or combining existing modules with a native one, you must see if the developers have done such a task before.
- Apart from this, how successful has that been in implementing the same? Have they created an app in your niche? How quickly and efficiently had they established the task? This will ensure that you hire quality developers with expertise in your project niche.
5. Task Test
- In case you do not find React Native developers in your particular niche, you can always vet potential developers or React Native Development Company to hire based on a task test.
- Prepare a sample task test based on your Minimum Value Product (MVP) or map particular functionality that you would like to include in your app. You can understand the level of skills that your potential developers might possess based on how fast and how successfully do they implement this task.
This will help you determine if the developer is the right fit for your project.
Thus, hiring skilled React Native developers can help you use this tool up to your advantage. Facebook itself has built its Groups app as well as their Ads Manager app through the platform along with a lot of big players in the market that are using this framework for their projects. There is a reason for this success.
That is why you should consider shifting to the platform for your next project and hire React Native developer who can help you get there successfully.