The rise of chatbots and their implications for social media in the world of businesses is getting so much attention by the entrepreneurs, developers, investors, marketers and media alike. From buying a pair of jeans to helping you apply for insurance, chatbots are revolutionizing the way people are doing business.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella bets big on artificial intelligenceand claimed that “Chatbots will fundamentally revolutionize how computing is experienced by everybody”
Nadella further added “bots are the new kind of apps,” with people to digital assistants, people to people conversations, people to bots and even people to digital assistants to be an Inquisitive part of the digital horizon. Chatbots have significant potential in marketing and customer service and that too unequivocally solid with the great support and engagement being two of the most pertinent advantages.
The core essence of Chatbots lies in its reliability and one of the chief reasons why they are being so much popular is app fatigue as customers don’t want to waste their time and phone storage by installing new applications; majority of the customers is spending more and more of their time on the messenger platforms.So chatbots are a smart and convenient for the brands to connect with prospect consumers through messenger apps.
How do Chatbots work?
Chatbot s’ interface is designed to recognize the keywords a user’s most commonly using and they work based on the patterns and speech analysis to regulate the very next action.They have inbuilt capability to make use of complying database of phrases to answer a pre-defined response.The capability of Chatbots depends on the quality of its pre-defined responses and its programmed capability to respond to the users just like humans.
Recently a research media firm Sprinklr has come up with some surprising facts and that is amazingly favourable for Chatbots.
Facts from Sprinklr ’s research:
• More than 74% of customers do not like to get in touch with companies for multiple times for the same reason or complaint.
• 66% dislike iterating exactly the same information to different employees, through various channels.
We all have been in such situation and I’m undoubtedly sure that these concerns have become a major annoyance and literally make you want to bang head against a brick wall.
Global Brands and Chatbots
Let’s have a look at the Pioneering examples of industry leaders who are using Chatbots:
• Health Tap
Health Tap lets Facebook Messenger users to connect with more than 100,000 real doctors.Understanding the actual need of the questions those users have asked and already answered before, the company has implemented chatbot functionality to its Messenger integration.
If you are in a rush and want to get somewhere fast, then you can hail an Uber through the Facebook Messenger. You can request a cab in no time and you can also request an Uber from within a conversation on Facebook Messenger.
• Pizza Hut
The most easier way to order pizza! Pizza Hut has rolled out their own chatbot, so you can have a Veggie Supreme before you know it. You can order your favourite Pizza through Facebook and Twitter’s chatbot too.Pizza Hut bots are also programmed to connect to the user’s Pizza Hut account so, the customer can take a look at pizza ordering history of last 3 ordered pizza and make better suggestions.Pizza Hut has been also offering the personalized offers to make it super easy to re-order the favorite toppings.
• Bank of America
The Chatbots are providing the new functionality, such as real-time alerts. Streamlining the banking process and making it simpler for the users to ask the general banking questions and for the banks of America this implementation is bringing more flexibility to the online banking.
Reasons To Integrate Chatbot
There are a number of reasons to integrate Chatbots into your brand and it is a favorable decision for your business.
• Give your customers better and convenient online customer experience. Chatbots are programmed to answer simple and fundamental questions to take the burden off your agents. So they can employ their self into more complex queries.
• Conversational UI chatbots communicate your brand’s values and it also encourages people to buy or visit a physical store.
• Quick, efficient and 24*7 customer service
• Enhance the cross-platform customer experiences as chatbots can create a consistent tone with the same messaging.
• Chatbots complements eCommerce shopping experiences.
• Marketing, sales, and customer service strategy continue to interweave services and provide a great intersection to bring all 3 together.
Create your own chatbot
After understanding the benefits of Chatbots for your business the most important aspect to take into consideration is to focus on the customer needs and their experience when you are building them. So, each function that your chatbot carries out should enhance the customer experience. Here’s the functionalities you should think about when creating your chatbot?
• You can integrate your bot with your e-commerce platform or brand’s app to encourage more sales
• A chatbot can provide answers to commonly ask questions and make it easier to find support through messenger apps
• Common queries about your product functionalities and services can easily deal through a chatbot
• Send real-time updates and engaging marketing messages
• Chatbots can be used in creative marketing campaigns to offer interactive storytelling, just similar to Channel 4’s ‘Humans’ campaign.
• Create personal interactive experiences in your physical store with your chatbot.
• Make a bot use similar language and phrases to your customer base.
Are bots replacing humans?
Are you trying to build a chatbot as conversational as possible like a priority.For FAQs, run-of-the-mill,basic queries chatbots are a convenient way to answer common questions and leave customer service agents to focus on more complex queries . Chatbots are not an actual replacement of human – as human companions should always be on front-line and chatbots are cannot replicate the ingenuity and the spontaneity of human interaction.
Build a chatbot to offer your existing and prospect customers a new way to interact with your business on a large scale.
How much does it cost to build a chatbot?
Be it Twitter, Slack, Facebook Messenger, or We Chatbot, we have the expertise to build all the platforms. Being a leading chatbot development company, we have skillful developers to build AI enabled chatbots for brands and businesses irrespective of all the industry.
If you are looking for a custom solution with complex or unique functionality or planning to implement bot with our ready-made solution, to know the cost you will need to get in touch with us.If you want to discuss how Bacancy Technology can help you create a unique and great chatbot, just drop us a line!