Last Updated on June 20, 2019
It’s been almost three years Salesforce Lightning has been introduced as an official replacement of Salesforce Classic and packed with accelerating speeded-up robust features that effectively and efficiently improve productivity to boost the sell faster and make more significant decisions. Migrating to lightning is a step towards moving your CRM into the future.
Salesforce Classic is nearing the end of life, and it has been officially announced that classic won’t have any new or exciting things on its platform. With lightning, the users will have the best of the resources for the Salesforce UI. I am writing this blog to explain why you should move to lightning and what to expect and what step should be taken care of before you migrate.
What is Salesforce Lightning?
Salesforce Lightning is component and user interface-based framework that is designed to simplify processes and streamlined user interface. Lightning is specially designed for a superior mobile tablet laptop and desktop experience. You can access all your Salesforce data and track as well as drop to the customization for layouts, reports and applications mean you will have more time in accomplishing your mission then chaining your desk.
Reasons to migrate from Salesforce classic to Salesforce lightning
- Salesforce lightning encompasses a set of UI optimized for speed as well as ease of use
- Salesforce lightning enables customization for any device in an easier and faster way
- Without writing a single line of code. Drag and drop lightning component are there to build mobile and desktop applications and customize pages through lightning experiences
- Work smarter throughout the platform streamlining your functionality
- Increase your team’s collaboration as well as productivity – join new customers who have experienced switching 40% increase in productivity as well as collaboration
- It helps to advance the development team’s moves by transforming existing donors to higher donation levels and convert more prospects to new donors by reducing the amount of time along the path
- All current and upcoming releases will be made in Lightning, not the ‘Classic’ interface!
- Access provides external support for Lightning from outlook to ensure all contacts synced and up-to-date
Wondering how Lightning differs from Classic?
- This next generation AI tool is way ahead in CRM. As it weeds out patterns, provides intelligent recommendations and studies your data in-detail as per your specific business requirements. AI integration is introduced with Lightning.
- For multiple actions, you are no more required to juggle with multiple browsers because with composer windows, sales, and field rep; you can perform the task at ease.
- Sometimes sales team is required to feed in key details at the loss of connectivity but, with lightning, they can spot on mobile. When the device connects back with the internet, data will automatically sync on the web.
- Quick access to contacts, quotes, proposals, for a sales person to access sales information by Salesforce acquisition of steel back
- It is possible to transform field agents into intelligent officers with apt knowledge, dashboards, case histories, and customer profiles
Advantages of Migrating from Classic to Lightning
The swift application development through lightning bolt with mobile first sync capacity to offer visual force benefits at multiple levels.
- 53% salesforce productivity
- 41% of customer revenue growth
- 70% faster time quicker application development
Case Study – Easy and efficient Information management of a top-notch hospital
One of our USA based clients experienced an implausible ROI through Salesforce Migration Implementation. The core Key performance indicator of the solution was to be the following-
- Upsurge productivity and attain the benefits quickly
- More transparency into every step of the On-boarding process
- Improve time to market the services and products
The benefit derived by the client from our solution includes:
- Built on Salesforce Lightning experience
- Email alerts/notifications and mobile access enabled
- Go-To-Market in less than a month
- Control over OOTB functionality to the max
- An incorporated platform for Franchise Engagement Program
- Engaging and unified user experience
- Build functionality to enable the quick extension by application
Steps to Migrate from Salesforce Classic to Lightning
Step 1: Assess Your Needs
Evaluate your organization’s needs and ensure does it required to simplify the workflow and processes? Does it required to facilitate productivity enhancements? And the most significant thing is whether your organization as well as people resistant to change?
If the answer is yes for the above questions, then it’s time to get on with migration as Salesforce classic won’t have any add-ons or upgrades. This is itself a compelling reason to consider a switch. If your CRM is failing to meet the existing requirements and it is affecting day to day operations, then it’s time to collect adequate information to fill a gap of classic and lightning.
Step 2: Execute a Gap Analysis
- What are the new Lightning features that existing Classic does not provide/support?
- Is it possible for your organization to continue to up its sales with these new features?
- How much your organization has evolved over the years and does Classic is matching up the fulfill those needs?
Step 3: Test, Test, Test
As per your gap analysis if it does nidificate that Lightning can do better, then its time to drive the Lightning UI. Then, you could do this by putting a group of Lightning users for a few days. If a comparative study between groups of users, give them a taste of what Lightning then figure how Lightning will do the magic for your organization. Just click on user name in the top-right header and Switch to Lightning Experience from the dropdown.
Step 4: Go for the Lightning Experience
What’s so great about readiness to check is that it reveals that your organization for the lightning experience, it recommends apt to fix the issue. You can work on amending the problems at the very moment, and once the issue has been addressed you can check over again to confirm and take on the lightning experience.
Step 5: Getting People on Board
Pull together your power team of Lightning to provide them migrating mission on motivation. Use their experience in combination with the Lightning Readiness Report to build a strong case for migration. Work together enlarging your troupe to get all the users on board. Till that time educate, train, and support to accept the change and create a sense of familiarity with the new UI.
Step 6: Roll Out
Once you feel that your team is ready to go with the Lightning experience, then go ahead and hit launch keeping skilled salesforce developer and consultant by the side to respond to the sudden SOS calls.
It is significant to take into consideration that Salesforce has thousands of customers from a large multinational enterprise to startup. It’s obvious to get excited about new Salesforce lightning offerings, right from your system’s offerings to actual migration without interrupting customer’s data our skillful expertise comes to the fore.
With in-depth knowledge and skillful expertise in Salesforce, we can be your ideal Salesforce classic to lightning migration partner to help you drive a faster time to market using an iterative implementation methodology. Hire Salesforce developers from us to leverage our expertise and empower your business with intellectual salesforce consultancy services.