The world is practicing #SelfQuarantine to stay precautious and break the chain from spreading the deadly Coronavirus Disease 2019 COVID-19. At such times, our organization has informed us to work from home (It is the only choice to do in such a pandemic situation).
As I got this news, I was tensed regarding how I will cope up with the work that requires me to install several apps and Software on my laptop because my laptop is quite old and doesn’t have enough memory or configuration to support additional Software.
However, my colleagues told me about how I can easily work from home without much botheration. The SaaS applications don’t utilize memory of my system; rather, I can just login with my cloud account and only pay for the service that I use. How cool!
So now, I am working from home, and thanks to the Software as a Service – SaaS tools like HubSpot and GitHub, that it becomes easy for me to collaborate and communicate with my team members.
The best thing is that you don’t have to install these tools on your own computer, you can directly use the Software to log in to your account
What is SaaS?
SaaS is a completely innovative software application model that began to emerge in the 21st century with the development of Internet technology and the maturity of application software. It is a mode of providing Software through the Internet. The manufacturer deploys the application software on its own server. The customer can order the required application software manufacturer according to his actual needs. How much and how long the service is ordered? Pay the vendor and get the service provided by the vendor via the Internet.
Why use the SaaS model?
1. Multiple devices are logged in: In the era of mobile Internet, everyone is using more than one device to access the network. If all the information remains in the terminal, it will be very fragmented and inconvenient to organize. This is especially true for enterprises. Each employee uses different devices, and there are many different versions of enterprise software. There is no uniform standard definition, and information asymmetry will occur at any time. The SaaS model is to store all the data in the cloud, and you can view the data at any time by logging in to the account. The data can be shared synchronously regardless of several devices. Due to the cloud characteristics, the mobile phone can manage the background anytime and anywhere, and it solves the problem of remote data for the enterprise.
2. The user does not need to purchase the Software: But instead uses the Web-based Software to rent the provider to manage the business activities, without the need to maintain the Software, the service provider will fully manage and maintain the Software, and the software vendor provides the Internet application to the customer. At the same time, it also provides offline operation of Software and local data storage, allowing users to use their ordered Software and services anytime, anywhere. For many small businesses, SaaS is the best way to adopt advanced technology that eliminates the need for businesses to purchase, build, and maintain infrastructure and applications.
3. Low cost of use: Customers no longer spend a lot of investment on hardware, Software, and personnel as in the traditional model, but only need to pay a certain rental service fee, and can enjoy the corresponding hardware, software, and maintenance services through the Internet, enjoy the right to use the Software and upgrade. This is the most efficient mode of operation for network applications.
Is the SaaS model secure?
SaaS is like your bank card. Your money is in the cloud of the bank. When you use it, you can take it out, and you don’t have to worry about it when you lose it. Enterprise data is also stored in the cloud-like bank card data. Even if the computer possessing data is lost, the device login data is the same as the cloud, and SaaS is a multi-protection with Alibaba Cloud Security Shield, so you don’t have to worry about data leakage.
To know-how Software as a Service is the right choice for your enterprise, you can read Why Should You opt SaaS?
What type of business does the SaaS model apply to?
1. Being in the startup period or rapid development period, a company is sensitive to the early capital investment of technology. The business hopes that the leasing method will be used to reduce the threshold of software use and obtain corresponding software services.
2. The company hopes to focus attention on its core business and is not willing to train and maintain their own equipment and technical personnel. But it supports the development of the enterprise by means of professional software professional services provided by the company. In particular, with the improvement of security technologies and related laws, the use of software services provided by SaaS services companies will be more professional and secure than maintaining a software system.
3. A startup hopes that the information can be made public, and the collaborative information will be provided to stakeholders (including customers, employees, shareholders, and partners) in a timely manner. Through the use of various content provided by SaaS services to achieve information sharing and real-time collaboration, a good internal and external enterprise can be established. Surroundings. Such as SaaS on the platform, ERP systems, CRM systems, SCM system, not only can reduce marketing costs under the line, but also can improve customer satisfaction.
Ruby on Rails Development an Ideal Framework for Building SaaS product
In essence, any programming language can be used for developing a SaaS product, but Ruby on Rails is the best programming language for SaaS products as it is recognized as a suitable structure owing to its lively community and remarkable library.
For the convenient usage of a SaaS, 4 key traits are the most crucial for flawless functioning. These are Security, Performance, Scalability, and Flexibility.
Let us see how it is the right choice for developing a SaaS Ruby on Rails product and why every enterprise must consider it.
1. Security with Ruby on Rails Framework
Security is the aspect that is laying most concerns while distance- accessing. None of the frameworks can provide a 100% protection level. However, SaaS Ruby on Rails framework provides a number of ways to secure your crucial data within your SaaS application. Some of the ways are:
- ActiveRecord mechanisms usage,
- excluding invalidated users’ requests,
- filtering markup tags,
- using a database backend to store sessions,
- using existing gems for authentication, increasing password length,
- control restriction gems usage,
- skipping forgery requests,
- strong parameters usage,
- rendering paths regulation,
- excluding sensitive files from your repository,
- lots of built-in encryption libraries.
The list doesn’t end here if you have RoR experts on your team.
2. Ruby on Rails Framework Performance
Though RoR is not the fastest framework running out there, some of its paradigms, such as don’t repeat yourself, convention over configuration, and active record pattern, make it the best choice for your future SaaS product.
Owing to its default ORM system, developers can put the application logic and data together to build a SaaS app using Ruby on Rails 6 framework and further add more features to it in the future.
Also, some open-source libraries like gems are available that can help RoR projects to perform faster. Hence, the concise and expressive Ruby language is a perfect match for your fast-paced SaaS project.
3. Scalability with RoR Framework
The Ruby on Rails architecture creates rails instances equal to the number of concurrent requests. These instances handle all the requests. The load balancer distributes all the applications and handles some static requests on their own.
Moreover, developers can use the right Gem for scalability, like bullet or rack-mini-profiler, to identify problems instead of extra memory allocation. They use the modular approach by taking the service-oriented architecture that enables load-distribution and writing simple code as it saves big bucks in the future. Expert RoR programmers use garbage collectors like CRuby, JRuby, and Rubinius for memory management, and for database scalability, they use Caching, Memcached, and Redis.
Apart from this, you can scale your larger projects vertically or horizontally, depending on the need of the project. This way, more users can use your SaaS Ruby on Rails application without any hassle.
4. Flexibility with Ruby on Rails
Agile development using Ruby on Rails is highly flexible as it allows easy integration and interaction with other technologies and frameworks. Hence, developers can alter the SaaS application depending on the customer requirements as Ruby on Rails avails easy alterations.
This way, entrepreneurs opt for the RoR framework as the preferable choice while building SaaS applications.
Well, you may feel that all the above explanation was a theoretic preference, but I have done some research for you and have brought you famous Ruby on Rails framework SaaS applications.
Most Popular Ruby on Rails SaaS Software
Hire Ruby on Rails Developer is the answer to your SaaS requirement as there are many successful SaaS applications developed with Ruby and running successfully.
Let’s have a look at them:
Basecamp is an excellent tool for project management. Initially, it may not seem so intuitive, but after getting used to its interface, organizing your activities is easy. This is all due to the engine that is built with Ruby on Rails. You can create categories and to-do lists that can be assigned to your team members. Practically follow which activities are pending or have been completed from your checklist.
Shopify was founded in 2004 and has since followed steadily in the evolution of new trends and e-commerce technologies. This Canadian e-commerce platform is a good choice for online business, especially if it focused on shopping by laptops and market trends in the social media world.
Another advantage of Shopify is that you can start selling for as little as $9 by integrating your FB account by making an online store.
Given its ease of use and rapid business launch process, startups can benefit more from the platform. Also offered are different packages for small and large business owners, with prices ranging from $29 to $299 monthly.
In addition, Shopify also creates stores with responsive design, that is, optimized for display of smartphones, tablets, and computers. Other advantages include the ability to put Facebook Pixel on your pages, allowing you to create custom audiences to use in your ads on the social network.
To prove this, Zendesk, a leading provider of cloud software for customer service and call management, recently released results after six months of operation in Brazil. At that time, the brand doubled the number of active accounts using its software in the country, surpassing the 1,600 local clients, which add up to the 40 thousand global accounts.
Zendesk operates in 140 countries and has served more than 300 million users around the world. In Brazil, the company has excelled in providing services to the retail and technology sectors in addition to having significantly increased its participation in the sports market.
All companies needed to change their old systems, either by the need for modernization or by business growth, which required more compatible technology. Zendesk makes clear that its goal is to use the cloud system to provide more customer-friendly support, as well as using the cloud to generate more agility in self-service.
UserVoice has the priority of providing customer feedback to the company in a simple and easy-to-understand way. Of course, it also facilitates communication between these customers and the representatives of your company through their tools.
UserVoice works on the 3 important functions of customer satisfaction:
– Gather Client Feedback.
– Resolve Support Issues as soon as possible.
– Automatically Respond To Commonly Asked Questions.
Github is the largest community for web developers and app developers to share code and projects. It is also a community that helps increase your knowledge and level. In addition, GitHub offers hundreds of ready-made codes that you can use as a stepping stone to your development projects. If you want to build a strong and successful SaaS, you must learn how to build a SaaS app like Github.
SaaS + Rails: Wrap Up
Like me, I am sure that by now, you might have understood the importance of building Ruby on Rails SaaS-based products If you are looking for developing your SaaS application, feel free to connect with us for ruby on rails development services.