Last Updated on February 2, 2022
April 2, 2019 < 1 minute
Rails 6.0 is almost here. The new version keeps on updating us with its beta versions.
Rails 6.0.0 comes with a bunch of new features, like Action Mailbox, support for parallel testing and multiple databases.
The stable version will be released on April 30 at RailsConf 2019!
The third beta of Rails 6.0.0 has just landed!
Rails 6.0.0 is absolutely packed with amazing new stuff that we’re so excited to share.
- Rails 6.0.0 beta1 comes with two new frameworks – Action Text and Action Mailbox
- The second beta of Rails 6 is about to ship and includes Zeitwerk integration
- Introducing two new major features for scaling – new multiple database support and Parallel testing
- The new multiple database support makes it easy for a single application to connect to, well, multiple databases at the same time.
- With parallel testing support, it’s possible to leverage benefits of all cores in your machine to run big test suites faster
- Protection against DNS rebinding attacks and per-environment credentials are added
- Rails 126.96.36.199 and 6.0.0.beta3 also contain the following fix:
CVE-2019-5420 Possible Remote Code Execution Exploit in Rails Development Mode
Worth Noting: Rails 6.0 will require Ruby 2.5+! If you are excited about the release, then ensure you’re already running this version of Ruby.If not, then leverage our Rails Upgrade Service.