A simple idea of two youths “Single tap cab booking” has turned into million dollar idea and it has completely revolutionized the entire taxi booking industry.No one has ever expected that a smartphone application to request on demand cab service is going to change the scenario of the logistics industry. Uber has witnessed the success, from a small startupthrough a big brand, expanding its wings and connecting different borders, languages and culture.
At present,Uber is available in over 81 countries and 581 cities. The grand success of this on-demand taxi booking application is making college students with startup dreams to entrepreneurs – build their own piece of transportation app pie. Every new startup wish to have a similar business model just like Uber – World’s second biggest venture backed company of all time.
Just Like Uber, are ready to come up with something new to the world. Witness the success. “DevelopYourOwnTaxiBookingAppLikeUber”
I am writing this article to provide you a detailed guideline about Uber’s features, how it works, time and cost estimation and some interesting facts. At the end of this blog, you will receive clear numbers with infographics to get a full pricing picture.
How Similar Your Business Model Look Like to the Uber?
Several businesses are following a similar approach just like Uber so, they can eliminate the inefficiency in their process as well as achieve the favorable results. Uber is a single tap cab booking on-demand service model, where the products or services are requested either online or offline.So, in your business model, there would be several significant aspects, which may be varied in offering and implementations, however the model can be similar to the Uber.
To develop an app similar to Uber, you will need to take into consideration the listed features below:
- Demands by the passenger is an instant action
- The business model works as a pre-decided procedure
- The supply is not bound to the platform closely it is used to aggregate the supply of services
- In the on-demand business model the user is allocated with the available service
If you want to know more about the on-demand business model works, you can get in touch with us to understand the on-demand business model.
So, which business vertical you wish to target with your application?
Irrespective of your business model, whether you are a transportation company or any other service provider the app might be varying from Uber. However, here we are discussing about the Uber, hence we will take a look into the detail of an application related to the transportation.
For custom taxi booking app,you will have to consider similar functionalities of Uber, the best option would be to consider Bacancy Technology – SaaS OR Software as a Service for your app.However, if you are planning to build an app for your specific business model, you will have to get down to the details and the approach might change.
How does Uber work?
- Passenger requests a through the taxi app that is being directed to the nearest driver around
- The driver can accept or deny the request, in case if the driver reject the request, then the user’s request will be automatically sent to the next nearest driver available
- Once a driver accepts the offer — connection between driver and passenger appears
- App shows all the relevant driver’s information that includes his account info, location on the map and estimated arrival time
- Payment can be through the card.Method of payment is chosen by the passenger
When you develop a custom taxi booking app like Uber, you actually develop two apps: an app for drivers and an app for riders.How much does it cost to develop an app like Uber? You would need to consider the listed services:
Here’s an approximate estimation of time needed to develop both applications.
A Driver App:
|Registration||40-80 hours||40 hours||40 hours|
|Booking||40-80 hours||80 hours||40-80 hours|
|Status||40 hours||40 hours||40 hours|
|Booking History||16-32 hours||40 hours||40 hours|
|Total:||136-232 hours||200 hours||160-200 hours|
- Efforts in hours: iOS 163-232, Android 200, Back End 160-200
- An average cost of iOS developer is $20 so, for the iOS driver app, it will be 296 – 430 hours for the filters.
This equates to $5,920 – $8,640“
- An average cost of Android developer is $20 so, for the Android driver app, it will be 360 – 400 hours for the filters.
- This equates to $7,200 – $8,000“
A Passenger App:
|Registration||40 hours||40 hours||40 hours|
|Card details||40 hours||16-32 hours||80 hours|
|Locations||40 hours||40 hours||80 hours|
|Request results||56-64 hours||80 hours||48 hours|
|Fare calculator||16-24 hours||16-24 hours||80-120 hours|
|Driver tracking||24-40 hours||40 hours||40 hours|
|Reviews and rating||32-48 hours||56 hours||80 hours|
|Booking history||16-32 hours||40 hours||40 hours|
|Push notifications||40-80 hours||40-80 hours||40 hours|
|Total:||344-448 hours||368-432 hours||608-648 hours|
- Efforts in hours: iOS344-448, Android 200, Back End 160-200
- An average cost of iOS developer is $20 so, for theiOS passenger app,it’ll be 952-1096hours for filters.
“This equates to$19,040 – $21,920“
- An average cost of Android developer is $20 so, for the Android passenger app, it’ll be 976 – 1080 hours for the filters
“This equates to $19,520 – $21,600“
Get in touch with us to become the next Uber?
So, an MVP Uber estimate to develop a taxi booking application cost is $20 000-$30 000 or may the budget can grow up to $45,000+. The total cost of taxi app development dependents on your unique requirements and the company’s hourly rate. Above all these things, your ambition for your business and how seriously you plan to work on your idea matters the most.
If you are looking to hire taxi app developers, we can offer your rich experience iPhone and Android App, developers. We would gladly assist you to become your taxi app, development partner. As we own special expertise in the field of logistics and geolocation, we are full-stack development team to create a valuable product.